Application process: JOOPAS system

FITech studies are organised by seven different universities. You need to apply for a study right to the university that organises the courses by filling in an application in the JOOPAS system.

For degree students: if the course is organised by your home university, you don’t need to fill in an application, just sign up for the courses  in your university.

You can find the deadlines for applying on each course page. And remember, JOOPAS application is to get you the study right, so don’t forget to sign up for the courses as well!

Detailed instructions for filling in the JOOPAS form can be found here.

Apply for study right

Log in to the JOOPAS system with the IT-credentials of your home university or create a user account if you are not a degree student. Remember to attach all the required attachments to your application, if instructed in the course information. If you are a degree student, please add also your transcript of records.

Follow the instructions from the university

After the acceptance of your study right application, you will receive information on e.g. how to activate your user account and where to sign up for the courses. If you have applied for courses from several universities, you will receive separate instructions from each university. NB! You need Finnish online banking access code in order to activate the IT credentials. If you don’t have the code, you need to visit the IT Helpdesk of the university.

Enroll to courses

You get a study right through FITech, but you still need to enroll to the courses at the university. The practices for university registering and signing up for individual courses and exams vary from university to university, so read the instructions sent to you carefully.

Get your credits transferred to your degree

FITech credits are accredited in your home university but remember to include the FITech courses in your personal study plan. Most universities use Puro application through which you can send the credits to your home university. If your home university does not use the Puro application, you need to provide an official transcript of records to your university. You can get the document from the Student Affairs Office of your FITech university.