Adhesion and surface modifications
If you are taking this course as part of a FITech minor, please note that all minors will be offered for the last time in the academic year 2021-2022. Please check the individual courses for updates regarding future availability.
The target of the course is to make participants understand the importance and factors of adhesion related to materials performance and the fundamental concepts of crack, fracture and delamination related to failure of adhesive bond.
The target skills are the ability to apply surface treatments for specific materials to improve adhesion and the ability to plan work for understanding and solving practical problems related to the enhancement and semi-empirical prediction of adhesion.
Core contents of the course:
- Main factors affecting adhesive bonds at material interfaces
- Surface characteristics: Wetting and surface energy
- Importance of adhesion to material performance
- Concepts of crack, fracture and delamination
- Understands scientific thinking, reasoning and explanation
Contact person for applications