Development of server-side web services
Development of web applications and web services is an advanced software engineering where we study different principles, protocols and techniques required to build web applications and web services following W3C standard recommendations.
The main contents of the course are:
- Basics of Internet protocols
- Building services using stateless protocols
- Concurrency and persistence
- Authentication and session management
- Scalability and deployment
- Web services
- Basic remote procedure calls (XML-RPC) and service-oriented architecture (SOA, WSDL)
- Representational state transfer (REST)
- Web development frameworks based on the model-view-controller pattern
- Persistance and object-relational mappers
Student can choose to study the course online or attend the lectures. The exam is organised in Turku or Vaasa.
Schedule: Weeks 36–43
- Thursdays at 15–17
- Wednesdays at 12–14
More information in Åbo Akademi’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications