Digital control, an introduction
Max amount of FITech students: 35
The course is not available for degree students.
The course focuses on basics of sampling theory and discrete modelling, discrete transfer function, continuous time and discrete state model. Moreover, basics of state equation techniques are introduced. Course covers also the methods of analysis of digital control circuits, discrete frequency response and stability of a discrete system. You will learn about basic digital control algorithms and their tuning and get to know the practical aspects of implementing a digital controller.
Upon completion of the course you will be able to:
- write state equations of the system and use them to analyse the behaviour of the system
- discretise the state model and the transfer function model and explain the pole mapping from continuous to discrete plane
- analyse the properties of the discrete system and examine its stability and behavior using Bode diagram, Nyquist diagram or root locus
- design a continuous time controller that meets the given specifications and discretise it by using an appropriate approximation
- discretise the given specifications and design directly a discrete controller
- program a digital controller and system model.
More information in LUT University’s WebOodi course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.