Digital economy and business models
Course contains three modules. Student can complete the course as 3 or 6 ECTS by choosing alternative modules. Module 1 (Digital economy 3 ECTS) is obligatory for everyone taking the course.
The aim of the course is to equip the students with analytical tools needed for strategic decision-making regarding digital transformation and digital innovation in managerial and expert roles in ICT and high-tech industries. The course provides an in-depth understanding of the key economic, social and technological premises underlying the contemporary phenomena attributed to digital economy.
After having completed the course the student is able to
- Analyse, evaluate and challenge information and future scenarios related to digital economy
- Understand the economic, technological, and social drivers as well as the multi-faceted influences of digital economy from individual, organisational, and societal vantage points
- Study and analyse managerial problems related to digital economy by employing different theoretical and analytical frameworks
- Identify and develop business models for digital businesses
- Understand the role of platforms and ecosystems in digital economy
More info in University of Turku’s study guide.