Electricity market (2 ECTS)
Max amount of FITech students: 20
Please note that you cannot complete both this course and the longer version of the course (5 ECTS).
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
- describe the characteristics of the different business sectors in the Nordic electricity market,
- identify the elements affecting the electricity price formation,
- describe the operation principle of the power exchange,
- identify and describe the products of the power exchange,
- describe the right risk management methods for electricity trade,
- identify the tasks of the different parties in an electric power system in maintaining technical and commercial power balance, including demand side management,
- describe the motivations and principles of electricity market deregulation.
Lecture material in moodle.
Online course with video lectures and weekly assignments.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.