Engine fuels and lubricants
Learning outcomes: The course is designed to provide students with knowhow and knowledge in the properties of renewable liquid and gaseous engine fuels and in their suitability for the engines.
Content and objectives: Properties of various liquid and gaseous engine fuels.
Changes in environmental policy significantly diversified the market towards fuel flexibility. The course provides up-to-date knowledge of different fuels and lubricants, their production pathways and properties.
After passing the course the student can
- tell what kind of fuels one is able to use in diesel and gas engines
- compare the properties of engine fuels and their feasibility and competitiveness
- describe the fuel issues related to boiler plants
- analyze the effects of fuels on the engine performance and emissions
- list the tasks and characteristics of engine lubricants
- describe the effects of lubricants on the engine performance and emissions.
The course develops problem solving and decision-making skills, critical thinking, analytical way of working and literal expression and promotes life-long learning as well as collaboration and ICT skills.
The course is organised online. There will also be an optional demo at VEBIC Laboratory (date will be announced later).
Online exam schedule:
- 1st exam on Friday, 18.12.2020 at 12:00
- Re-takes 29.1.2021 at 12:00 and 12.3.2021 at 12:00
More information in University of Vaasa’s WebOodi course page.
Contact person for applications