Back to all coursesStart here
Geographic information systems
- Basics of geographical information systems.
- Conducting research related to geographical information, acquiring geographical data.
- Development of map and location based services and mobile applications.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Describe the GIS terminology and concepts, and the special nature of spatial data and how they are different from non-spatial data
- Identify the key components of a GIS, including users, databases, software, and networks
- Use GIS software tools and publish maps
- Create GIS using Oskari or Web technology
- Conduct research in the field of GIS
More info in LUT University’s WebOodi course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Contact person for applications
Application period has ended
Study is open for: