Health technology and life science business
If you are taking this course as part of a FITech minor, please note that all minors will be offered for the last time in the academic year 2021-2022. Please check the individual courses for updates regarding future availability.
Max amount of FITech students: 20
The course provides a foundation in the business environment of health technology and life sciences. Different business models, investors, team building, entrepreneurial mindset, partnerships and finance become familiar. During the course students participate the actual innovation projects in SPARK Finland and make group work related to business plan, go-to-market plan, and financing and market analysis for the projects. The SPARK Finland program implements the course.
- Introduction of health tech and life science industries
- Business economics and business models
- Legal aspects of partnering and finance
- Entrepreneurial mindset and business thinking
- Design thinking in business
- Go to market approaches
- Entrepreneurial finance
- Market analysis / how to structure a VC pitch
- How to establish a company
After completing this course, you:
- have basic understanding of the health tech and life science business environment
- have gained knowledge on what an inventors needs to understand about business and finance when targeting on to exploit the commercial value of their solutions
- have presented group work as written document and as an oral presentation in seminar
- have also assessed the work of other groups and received criticism
- have gained a solid basis for business expertise for your later career either as entrepreneurs, in industry or in academia
More information in the Tampere University study guide.