Industry and environment
The course familiarises the student with the environmental issues connected to industrial processes (chemical, wood, metallurgical, energy, etc.). The course is based on online learning in Moodle environment, and it consists of individual assignments.
After completing the course, the student:
- is able to identify the essential features of the environmental load in different types of industry (chemical, wood, metallurgical etc.).
- is able to explain the type, quality, quantity and sources of the emissions.
- is familiarised with the main emission control systems and techniques in different industrial sectors.
- can explain the environmental management system of an industrial plant and is able to apply it to an industrial plant.
- knows the basics of the environmental management systems.
More info in University of Oulu’s WebOodi course page.
Contact person for applications