International design business management (IDBM)
This programme is only for degree students.
International design business management (IDBM) programme helps you become a future creative professional in integrating design and technology with global business development through transdisciplinary teamwork and real-life challenges provided by our renowned industry partners.
IDBM students tackle complex, real-life challenges in multi-disciplinary teams, applying design thinking methods to create meaningful innovations.
IDBM educates students with arts, business and engineering backgrounds to make better business with meaningful innovations and design, providing a strategic view into design-intensive businesses management. Graduates of the IDBM minor programme will be able to drive innovation and lead initiatives to undertake new business ventures within global environments.
Academically rigorous and practice-oriented IDBM programme prepares students to lead and collaborate in multi-disciplinary teams. The objective is to gain knowledge in multiple disciplines and to learn to connect one’s own disciplinary expertise to a wider multi-disciplinary design business framework. During a four-month long real-life industry project students explore and develop innovative product, service and business concepts. Projects are coached by multi-disciplinary faculty and expert industry tutors.
Learning objectives include the abilities to:
- use a design approach in product, service and business development
- lead and collaborate in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams, deepening and connecting one’s own disciplinary expertise to a wider business context
- drive change and development activities in organisations
- communicate ideas and concepts both verbally and visually at operative and strategic levels
- understand and utilise academic research in defining and approaching problems in systematic and systemic manner
Teaching is mainly online with some contact sessions at Aalto University. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Courses in this minor
Professor in charge
Contact person in practical matters
Contact person for appllcations
Industrial engineering and management