Management of external resources
The purpose of the course is to familiarise the students with opportunities, challenges, principles and tools of managing resources which are outside a firm’s organisational boundaries for improved effectiveness, efficiency and innovation. After passing the course the students knows:
- What is the significance and strategic role of external resources in contemporary organitions
- How to design strategies for managing supply categories
- The principles of total cost of ownership analysis and is able to utilise it in different situations
- The systematic sourcing process and how to apply it in different situations
- How to make decisions on the governance mode: make/do, buy or ally
- How to manage interorganisational relationships
- How to deal with the idiosyncracies of public and service purchasing
The goal is to provide students both theoretical and conceptual tools to deeply understand the field and the skills to solve the challenging problems in practice.
For additional info, see course description.