This minor will be offered through FITech for the last time in the academic year 2021-2022. Please check the individual courses for updates regarding future availability.
The Marine technology minor offers students good overall knowledge of the engineering aspects related to marine environment.
The main content is to introduce design aspects related to environment, marine structures, transport and related systems and sub-systems. The studies cover design, manufacturing and operational aspects. The studies are build around expertise of each student by utilization of portfolio- and project-based teaching methods.
Upon completion of the minor in marine technology, the student
- will comprehend the fundamental economical, technological and design phenomena related to engineering to marine environment
- learns the methods for assessment of this phenomena and knows in which fields of science these are developed further and field experts exist
- can also describe the position and relation of own expertise in the framework of engineering for maritime environment
- understands the foundations and limitations on various engineering approaches and are able to select and apply them to different problems.
- Principles of Naval Architecture (MEC-E1004)
- Marine and ship systems engineering (MEC-E2000)
The student chooses altogether five courses. Please check the prerequisites on follow-up courses for mechanics and mathematics.
NB! Students must attach their transcript of records and a motivational letter to their application. Please include all courses you plan to complete in the same application.
Courses in this minor
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications