If you are taking this course as part of a FITech minor, please note that all minors will be offered for the last time in the academic year 2021-2022. Please check the individual courses for updates regarding future availability.
This course is one of the obligatory courses in the Smart and sustainable maritime business minor.
This course is a “capstone” type of course and strives to integrate the learnings from the other courses in the module. Therefore, it takes place through four seminars, final conference and various assignments over a period of 1 year.
The aim of the course is to provide a system-wide understanding of how the maritime industry works and what the industry’s technological, economic, environmental and regulatory premises and opportunities are. Upon successful completion of the module the student will be able to:
- Analyze how different actors create and capture value in the maritime business ecosystem
- Point out and analyze basic operational problems in shipping over time
- Match technological needs and developments with commercial opportunities in shipping
- Explain basic socio-technical phenomena in the context of smart and sustainable maritime business
- Relate sustainable development needs to maritime business
More information on Åbo Akademi’s course page.
Contact person for applications