Master of Science in technology: ELEC programme
The aim of the programme is to provide engineers in electrical engineering especially for the needs of the Finnish marine and automotive industry and their subcontractors.
Courses are organised mostly as online studies, but might include some intensive studies, e.g. laboratory work in Turku or Lappeenranta.
After completing the degree programme, the student
- is able to apply the essential theories of electrical engineering to practical electrotechnical and electronics applications
- is able to apply their knowledge in jobs in product development, research and marketing as well as in management of these
- is able to produce main circuit solutions for different power electronics applications and their thermal design.
- is able to design electromagnetic components, recognise the main loss mechanisms and sources of interference
- is able to develop electrical drive system concepts (e.g. frequency converter, electric motor or generator and mechanical load)
- is able to model the operation of different electrical machines and use simulation tools for electromechanical systems and their parts
- understands vector control methods of rotating electrical machines and is able to design control algorithms or applications software for frequency converters
- is able to dimension and choose appropriate components for an electrical drive
Courses included in the programme:
- DI-tutkinnon työharjoittelu
- Tiede, teknologia ja yhteiskunta
- Tutkimusmetodiikka DIODI
- Energy Efficiency
- Sähkötekniikan laboratoriotyöt DIODI
- Power Electronics
- Power Electronic Components
- Electrical Drives
- Terminen laitesuunnittelu
- Sähkömagneettiset komponentit
- Electromagnetic Compatibility in Power Electronics
- Embedded System Programming
- Electrical Engineering in Wind and Solar Systems
- Electric Energy Conversion Systems
More information about the programme on LUT University’s website.
Professor in charge
Contact person in practical matters
Contact information for applications