Core contents of the course:
- Structures, properties and applications of polymeric materials
- The ways to modify the properties of polymeric materials (copolymerization, blending and additives)
- Testing and analysis methods of polymeric materials
- Recycling and re-use
After finishing the course, the student
- knows the most important thermoplastic, thermosetting and natural polymers and their applications.
- understands the relationship between the molecular structure and properties of polymeric materials.
- knows how the properties of the polymeric materials can be measured and modified.
On the course the student learns to gather, process, evaluate, analyse and use information in a versatile, critical and ethical way. Since the course contains a group work, the student learns to work in communication and interaction situations in working life as required by the task as a member of the project group. The student will also be able to communicate and work with people from different cultures and master the language skills required in their field.
The competence of the student is evaluated by a group work, report and exams.
More info on Tampere University’s course page.
Contact person for applications