Product development of biomedical devices
After completing this course, the student:
- has collected, combined and explained the planning process stages of a medical device from an idea to a final product including regulatory aspects and risk analysis
- has collected data and compiled review reports in groups which include patent and market surveys as well as survey requirements for the application and the biomedical device
- has critically overviewed scientific articles and different databases for the information retrieval
- as a part of a group, student has planned and prepared schedule, budget, and workflow for the project
- has presented group work as a written document and an oral presentation in seminar
- has also assessed the work of other groups and received feedback
All other courses of this module (i.e. 15 credits) have to be done before this course. Students should have finished their BSc degree studies AND have obtained 50 credit units of MSc studies. Students must show that they have 30 credits from the field of biomaterials, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, medicine or related subjects. The course is intended for students in their last study year for MSc degree (or for PhD students).
If you are unsure, contact the responsible teacher(s) for your qualifications.
More information on Tampere University’s study guide.
Contact person for applications