Production automation planning
If you are taking this course as part of a FITech minor, please note that all minors will be offered for the last time in the academic year 2021-2022. Please check the individual courses for updates regarding future availability.
Core content of the course:
- Production automation devices for material handling and storage such as industrial robots, feeders and conveyors. Implementation of such devices in production automation. Safety in production automation.
- Production line layout design. Basic design principles of a production automation system.
- Design for assembly.
After completing the course, the student
- will be able to understand the principles of production automation systems in discrete automation.
- is familiar with the common automation devices used in a production system and can select right devices to a production line.
- is able to design products with the easy assembly in mind.
- learns how to implement modern digital manufacturing software to design a production line for a given task.
- understands the principles of the production line control systems, safety and the basics of automation components.
Lectures will be online/videos. Project work meeting onsite at Tampere University or Turku to be decided.
More information in Tampere University’s study guide.
Contact person for applications