Back to all coursesStart the application process
After the course, the student:
- can describe main systems requirements in ships
- can define and justify the ways to fulfil systems requirements
- can create a concept design of a machinery system by selecting appropriate components, guided by principles of energy efficient design
- can apply current regulatory requirements for ship systems and understands what it takes to go beyond them
- knows the utilisation of automation systems in contemporary ship designs
- can describe how adverse environmental effects of ships can be minimised, below the current and known future requirements
More info in Aalto University’s WebOodi course page.
Contact persons for applications
Start the application process
Study is open for:
Basics of physics. It is recommended to attend MEC-E1004 Principles of naval architecture or an equivalent course.
Study suitable for:
Students with mechanical, aeronautical or civil engineering backgrounds