Smart and sustainable maritime business
This course is one of the obligatory courses in the Smart and sustainable maritime business module.
It is a “capstone” type of course and strives to integrate the learnings from the other courses in the module. Therefore, it takes place through three seminars and various assignments over a period of 1,5 years.
M1 – Seminar (18.12.2019)
- Assessing the business model for operating the case ship from a system point of view. How does it change the way things are (logitics efficiency, competition etc)?
- Assessing the business ecosystem where the case ship will operate. How should it change to become more effective?
M2 – Seminar (6.5.2020)
- Assessing the social and environmental impact of the new ship.
- Assessing the impact of autonomous systems on the new ship (or cyber resilience).
M3 – Seminar (Dec 2020, virtual seminar at 4–8 pm)
- Designing a new business model and/or ecosystem required in response to a change in the market, technology or regulations.
- Prereadings for each seminar
- Seminar: guest lectures, group work, discussions.
- Postassignment after each seminar
Examination takes place through active participation in the seminar and by completing assignments before and after the seminars.
More information in Åbo Akademi’s course page.
Contact person for applications