Special assignment in mechanical engineering
If you are taking this course as part of a FITech minor, please note that all minors will be offered for the last time in the academic year 2021-2022. Please check the individual courses for updates regarding future availability.
This course is to be applied to and studied as part of the marine technology minor. The course cannot be taken as an individual course.
Special assignments are independent experiments, projects or literature surveys on the topics of mechanical engineering. The tasks and deliverables for each assignment are to be agreed between the student and the supervisor individually and approved by the director or deputy director of the programme beforehand.
In completing the assignment, the student gains experience in
- formulating a technical challenge and defining criteria by which to evaluate a solution
- identifying, obtaining, and interpreting relevant documentation, standards, and scientific literature
- analysing and solving technical questions or problems
- planning and documenting independent work
- developing research-based deep knowledge about a specific topic
- building and demonstrating a unique professional identity
All professors and lecturers of the Department of Mechanical Engineering can act as supervisors of special assignments.
Some events are obligatory, see course schedule for details.
More info on Aalto University’s course page.
Contact person for applications