Standards, interoperability and regulations in health informatics
This course introduces student with key principles related to standards and regulations which are essential to know while working in the health informatics domain. Health information systems interoperability and key standards will also be studied.
After having passed this course, the student:
- Can define what data security, privacy and safety
- Knows the central regulations related to health information systems and privacy and security of health data and knows how they need to be taken into account in health information system development
- Knows general health informatics standards and interoperability approaches and can describe how they are applied in practice
- Can apply the most important standards which are widely used in Finland in health information systems in software development
- Can assess whether a health information system is implemented according to regulations and interoperability principles
The course has eight lectures that will be recorded. On the course, there are also six exercises (you need to complete at least 4 of them to pass the course). Exercises are organised in Tampere but it is possible to do them online as well. Student also does a personal mindmap of the course.
More information in Tampere University’s study guide.
Contact person for applications