Technological phenomena in context
The aim of the course is to empower its participants to analyse the world we live in. The analysis is from an engineering perspective. It includes reflections of the economical impact of engineer innovation in context, and the current benefits and limitations of utilising co-creation methods in the development of new artifacts.
- Identify current world affairs relevant to a company’s technology innovation through different context dimensions (environmental, intersubjective, subjective).
- Formulate objectives for understanding the development of a company’s technology innovation and the type of questions that would deliver the answers needed to meet them.
- Identify the landscape of co-creation (different types of areas: industrial, engineering, services, economy, etc.) to support the development of technology innovation.
- Recognise the impact of current technologies in our context (as consumer, employer, employee, entrepreneur, academic…).
- Interpret how technology shapes economy or how the economy shapes technology.
- Recognise meaningful technologies (for whom: economy benefits, environment, personal prestige…).
- Recognise shortlived technologies, disruptive technologies, etc.
- Distinguish the importance of networking by bridging theory and practice together.
Contact persons for applications