Zero-emission hybrid mobile machinery
If you are taking this course as part of a FITech minor, please note that all minors will be offered for the last time in the academic year 2021-2022. Please check the individual courses for updates regarding future availability.
Max amount of FITech students: 50
- Prime movers: Internal combustion engine and electric machines types
- Exhaust emissions and legislation
- Hybrids: Definition, structures, properties, components of an electric and hydraulic hybrids
- Examples of hybrid heavy mobile machinery
After completing the course student
- Is aware of the factors influencing the future of development of zero emission and hybrid off-road machinery.
- Is familiar with the principles of internal combustion engines, basic duty cycles
- Knows the characteristics and systems of mobile machinery and is able to select a powertrain topology for the application.
- Knows the regulations governing exhaust gases and their effects on the use and application
- Knows the structures, components and characteristics of hybrid and electric powertrains
- Knows the characteristics of the energy storages used in different powertrains.
- Is able to analyses losses distribution in conventional and hybrid powertrain (simulation exercise)
No exam, final grade made based on project work + homework assignments.
The course can be completed fully online. In case lectures can be organized on campus, they will also be streamed.
- Twin cat, Mevea + Matlab (in class version)
- Excell (online version)
Contact person for applications