You’re warmly welcome to the second FITech Forum of 2018 on May 21st in the always sunny Turku! During the Forum we’ll be picking up where we left off last time, namely co-creating the foundational principles of FITech and working on the FITech Way of Learning.
The core of FITech is to be a joint effort of students, companies and universities. Therefore we’re inviting people from these three groups as well as some other important stakeholders to work on the very essence of the FITech concept with us. A lot has happened (and will happen) during this Spring, but we’ll take it easy on official presentations and shine the spotlight on what you envision a new way of doing higher education to be.
The program of the day will last from 10am to 4pm. We’d love it if you could join us for the whole duration of the program, but we understand if you have to leave after the morning session. This is why we’ve designed the program so that the first session is especially relevant for all participant groups. The afternoon session is highly relevant for anyone interested in the future of education as well as all students and university staff.
Please register to the FITech Forum by May 10th here: https://tinyurl.com/FITechForum.
Monday, May 21st at Holiday Club Caribia, Turku
10.00 – 10.20 Opening and FITech Turku status update (project team)
- A very brief overview into where we are and where we are going
10.20 – 12.00 Co-creating and defining 5 guiding principles of FITech
- Especially relevant for: all participants
- Method: Facilitated co-creative workshop
- Goal: Elaborating the core principles that should be present in all areas of FITech
12.00 – 13.00 Lunch
- Lunch served at Caribia
- We would be thrilled to have you stay with us for the whole of the program! However, if you can’t stay for the rest of the day, here’s your chance to leave without disrupting others’ work.
13.00 – 15.45 Crystallizing the FITech Way of Learning
- Especially relevant for: anyone interested in the future of education + students and all university staff
- Method: Working together on real-life FITech courses as cases to develop our understanding of what the FITech way of learning could look like
- Goal: Developing a concrete idea bank for building a FITech course
15.45 – 16.00 Closing and next steps (project team)
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to be in touch!
Best regards on behalf of the FITech Turku project team and university consortium,