Air pollution control engineering
If you are taking this course as part of a FITech minor, please note that all minors will be offered for the last time in the academic year 2021-2022. Please check the individual courses for updates regarding future availability.
Please note the early application deadline.
- atmosphere and air pollutants
- air pollution effects and regulations
- emission measurements
- general ideas in air pollution control
- emission control technologies; primary particulates, VOC emissions, SOx emissions, NOx emissions
- motor vehicle problem, CO, lead, HAP, indoor air pollution, and radon.
Upon completion of the course, the student:
- is able to explain what kind of air emissions originate from certain industries and power plants, and can explain their effects on environment and health.
- can describe how air emissions are measured.
- is also aware of common air pollution control systems for different emissions (particulates, VOCs, SO2, NOx) and is able to design air pollution cleaning devices.
- is able to describe the main laws related to air emission control.
All course activities are arranged online. The course is based on online learning in Moodle environment, and consists of assignments, a portfolio and a home exam.
More info in University of Oulu’s course page.
ilmansaasteet hallinta sisäilma päästöt ilmastonmuutos climate change puhdistus lainsäädäntö
Hakua koskevat kysymykset