Health technology and life science R&D
If you are taking this course as part of a FITech minor, please note that all minors will be offered for the last time in the academic year 2021-2022. Please check the individual courses for updates regarding future availability.
Max amount of FITech students: 20
The course provides basic information about the product development environment of health technology and life sciences. The course introduces e.g. product development, design thinking, IPR issues and clinical trials. During the course students participate the actual innovation projects in SPARK Finland and make as a group work surveys such as IP, regulator, competitor and market analysis for the projects. The SPARK Finland program implements the course.
- Product development process
- Product market fit
- Design thinking in R&D projects
- IPR issues
- Regulation and quality
- Proof-of-concept and relevance
- Clinical trials
- Project and process management
- Manufacturing (CMC) considerations
After completing this course, you:
- have basic understanding of the health tech and life science R&D process
- have gained knowledge on how the e.g. customer needs, value proposition, product market fit, regulatory issues, IPR as well as project and process management are related to biomedical R&D
- have presented group work as written document and as an oral presentation in seminar
- have also assessed the work of other groups and received criticism
- have gained a solid basis for R&D expertise for your later career either as entrepreneurs, in industry or in academia
More information in the Tampere University study guide.