Master of Science in technology: Efficient energy usage, energy economics (Entedi)
Energy affects everything and is a corner stone for any civilised society. The programme gives you insight how energy is produced and consumed in Finland and elsewhere. The topics include e.g. energy economics, energy efficiency and waste heat utilisation. It gives you competences to work as a member in a project team.
After completion of the studies, a student:
- Is able to understand the meaning of different technologies, applications, processes and actions with respect to the energy production, power system, energy markets and energy usage.
- Is able to understand the life cycle and sustainability within energy conversion context.
- Can apply mathematical models on problems related to energy technology
- Can act as a member of a project group and can manage projects
- Can communicate and act as a member of academic and research community
Courses included in the programme:
Some of the courses are in Finnish, but the names are translated for this.
- Introduction to EnTeDI-studies, 2 ECTS
- Introduction to energy technology for EnTeDI-students, 4 ECTS
- Efficient power plants and Waste Heat Recovery, 5 ECTS
- Introduction to circular economy, 3-5 ECTS
- Training, 2-10 ECTS
- Research Methods, 4 ECTS
- Science, Technology and Society, 4 ECTS
- Energy Technology project work, 2-10 ECTS
- EnTeDI Laboratory course, 4 ECTS
- Sustainable cities and communities, 3 ECTS
- Energy efficient pump, compressor and blower systems, 4 ECTS
- Energy Economics, 5 ECTS
- Bioenergy, 3 ECTS
- Electricity markets, 5 ECTS
- Energy Efficiency, 6 ECTS
Contact person in practical matters: Katriina Mielonen, LUT University (email@example.com)
Other teachers: Antti Uusitalo, Pekka Punnonen, Kari Myöhänen, Tapio Ranta and Tero Tynjälä all from LUT University.