Master of Science in Technology, Efficient energy usage, energy economics (Entedi)
Energy affects everything and is a corner stone for any civilized society. The programme gives you insight how energy is produced and consumed in Finland and elsewhere. The topics include e.g. energy economics, energy efficiency, waste heat utilization and it gives you competences to work as a member in a project team.
After completion of the studies, a student:
- Is able to understand the meaning of different technologies, applications, processes and actions with respect to the energy production, power system, energy markets and energy usage.
- Is able to understand the life cycle and sustainability within energy conversion context.
- Can apply mathematical models on problems related to energy technology
- Can act as a member of a project group and can manage projects
- Can communicate and act as a member of academic and research community
Courses included in the programme:
Some of the courses are in Finnish, but the names are translated for this.
- Introduction to EnTeDI-studies, 2 ECTS
- Introduction to energy technology for EnTeDI-students, 4 ECTS
- Efficient power plants and Waste Heat Recovery, 5 ECTS
- Introduction to circular economy, 3-5 ECTS
- Training, 2-10 ECTS
- Research Methods, 4 ECTS
- Science, Technology and Society, 4 ECTS
- Energy Technology project work, 2-10 ECTS
- EnTeDI Laboratory course, 4 ECTS
- Sustainable cities and communities, 3 ECTS
- Energy efficient pump, compressor and blower systems, 4 ECTS
- Energy Economics, 5 ECTS
- Bioenergy, 3 ECTS
- Electricity markets, 5 ECTS
- Energy Efficiency, 6 ECTS
Contact person in practical matters: Katriina Mielonen, Lappeenranta University of Technology (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All from Lappeenranta University of Technology.
Type of study unit:
Lappeenranta University of Technology
Programme suitabale for
The programme is designed for Bachelors from universities or universities of applied science, preferably with a background in energy technology or environmental engineering. The programme is suitable for students who work during the studies.
Methods and location
D = Mostly distance studies, some intensive studies e.g. laboratory work in Turku or in Lappeenranta
Finnish, but includes several courses in English.