Signal analysis in mechanical engineering
Application period has ended.
Course code: 462113S
After the course, the student:
- Is familiar with the most important methods of signal analysis in the field of mechanical engineering.
- Knows in which areas of mechanical engineering these methods are fundamentally important.
- Understands the basic concepts relating to the sampling of time domain signals and the creation of their spectrums.
- Knows the most commonly used features in mechanical engineering measurements and understands their significance in describing mechanical quantities.
- Understands the basic concepts of discrete time signal processing and knows how software tools and programming languages are used to perform analyses.
- Understands what kind of mechanical phenomena can be identified by time and frequency domain analysis.
- Knows the most important effects of signal processing and analysis on the usability of measurement data in identifying the operating modes of a machine and in implementing machine control.
Contact person in practical matters: Tohtorikoulutettava Juhani Nissilä, Älykkäät koneet ja järjestelmät, Oulun yliopiston teknillinen tiedekunta (email@example.com)
Pasi Ruotsalainen, Oulun yliopisto
Konsta Karioja, Oulun yliopisto
Contact person, applications:
Pilvi Lempiäinen (pilvi.lempiainen(at)fitech.io)