FITech Summer Boost 2019: Additive Manufacturing and 3D printing
The first part of the course presents widely AM and 3D printing technologies and design aspects that are deepen by weekly group assignments. The assignments are presented before next week lecture in a miniseminar.
– 5 x 3 h lectures
– 4 x weekly group assignments
– 4 x miniseminars before the lecture
In the second part, students will run a project in AM
– Project: groups of five identify the problem, innovate AM solution, design AM-model and print an AM prototypes.
– Lecturers direct and support the project development in 3-5 appointments in Turku.
– Groups select one person, five in total, to take part in Nottingham conference
Third part is for dissemination of project results.
-Groups evaluate group activity
-Groups present their project in a “Shark Tank” 16th of August 2019
How to become the next FITech Summer Boost student?
FITech Summer Boost is suitable for all students studying at any FITech university*.
Summer Boost is designed primarily for students from study year III onwards and it is a great fit for students of different backgrounds.
Registering for the course:
Fill the application form and your motivational letter by 31.3.2018. We will select a maximum of 25 students to the first round.
Students will be informed at the 15.4.2018 whether they are qualified or not.
For more information, please contact:
Program coordinator, Researcher
Professor, Head of Department, Advanced Production Methods
Enable the future – join 3D printing summer boost.
Design. Production. Economics.
Psst. Lots of summer job opportunities in the Turku area. Check out Valmet Automotive’s Summer Trainee positions.