Authentication, passwords and applied cryptography
Max amount of FITech students: 30
Persons without a valid study right to a Finnish university have preference to this course.
This course will teach the participants technologies and techniques how authentication and crypto is being broken/hacked in practice, and what are practical defence-in-depth approaches. Breaking authentication, passwords and crypto in many cybersecurity situations have far-reaching implications up to complete compromise of any system. Therefore, it is crucial that the participants who set on the professional cybersecurity career path master the background knowledge, techniques and tools that are indispensable for breaking and defending authentication, password and crypto security.
- Passwords 1
- Passwords 2
- Passwords 3
- Hashes 1
- RSA and DSA 1
After successfully completing this course, the student
- understands what applied crypto is and where it is used.
- understands how to investigate applied crypto from practical perspective.
- understands how to attack applied crypto in real-world.
- has practiced individual small tasks simulating real-world applied crypto situations.
- SSH terminal program(s) and compatible browser(s)
- Course materials/slides (PDFs) on the course platform
- Lectures are fully pre-recorded
- Periodic online Q&A sessions (to be defined)
This course is organised as self-study. Mandatory tasks are exercise assignments and a final report.
More information in the University of Jyväskylä study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
tietoturva, salasanat, kryptografia, krypto, hajautusalgoritmi
Lisätietoa kurssista ja suorittamisesta
Hakua koskevat kysymykset