Modern topics in telecommunications and radio engineering – Using C with MATLAB
Max amount of FITech students: 20
Persons without a valid study right at a Finnish university or university of applied sciences have preference to this course.
Learn C programming language and how to call C from MATLAB.
- Introduction to C
- Installing C compiler for MATLAB
- Calling C (MEX) files from MATLAB
- Variables and arithmetic
- Control Flow and Logical expressions
- Arrays and pointers (mexFunction for arrays)
- Structure data types and the pre-processor
- Standard C library and complex data types, <tgmath.h> (mexFunction for complex vector)
- Multithreaded programming using OpenMP
- Automatic C code generation from MATLAB
After successfully completing this course, the student
- knows fundamentals of C programming language.
- knows how to call C function from MATLAB as a part of larger programs.
- knows complex data types and multithreaded programming.
- knows most important functions of C standard library.
- can use automatic C code generation tool (MATLAB coder).
- can avoid common pitfalls in C programming.
- Main course book is “The C Book”, by Mike Banahan, Declan Brady, and Mark Doran (freely available online)
- MATLAB and MATLAB Coder are required (recommended to have access to MATLAB Online). Need to be able to install C compiler for MATLAB such as this one (for Windows; for Linux and macOS student needs to install equivalent compiler (teacher does not have access to Linux/macOS)).
Exercise submissions have a fixed schedule after each lecture, and in the end of the course. Lecture schedule is not yet confirmed (recorded lectures in Moodle).
Home work after each lecture and final project work. Online teaching, lecture recordings are also available.
More information in the University of Oulu study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Hakua koskevat kysymykset