Software development skills: Mobile
This course aims to give students a chance to create unique projects with a hands-on approach. The course guides students to find their interest in software engineering skills and to help each student find their desired path in software developing in the future. There are also several other Software Development Skill courses available on different topics.
The goal in this course is to make an Android app with Android Studio. The app should have basic functionality with buttons and views. This course aims to teach the basics of mobile development.
- Develop practical skills for software development
- Learn the best practices and approaches of software development
- Develop the skilled expected in industry to work as a software developer.
To participate in this course you need to know how to program, and you should also have taken a course on user interfaces, e.g. LUT course CT30A2803 User Interfaces and Usability.
Available online in Moodle
Self-study: Reading 14 h, practice work 20h, Project assignment 47 h, Totally 81 h.
Student must do the following to pass the course:
- Go through the given materials (series of videos) and provide a reflection in learning diary.
- Make a self-reflecting learning diary. (What you did learn and do, what problems did you face and how did you overcome them.)
- Create a similar project to the one that you’ve been provided with in the learning materials.
- Post everything in a Git repository and present the course work.
- Give feedback on the course (mandatory)
You can register for this course anytime and start doing this course as soon as the registration process is completed and you get a notification that you have been added to the course at LUT Moodle. Once you start working on the course, you can complete the course on your own pace during a 60 day period.
Assessment scale and assessment methods
Pass/Fail, Learning Diary 40%, Final project 60%
More information in the LUT University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
mobiiliohjelmointi mobiilisovellukset kännykkäsovellukset suunnittelu ohjelmointi devaaja devaus
Lisätietoa opintojen suorittamisesta
Hakua koskevat kysymykset