Software product and process management
- Principles and general issues of SW projects
- General principles and backgrounds of life-cycle models
- Can be a project member in a Scrum (agile) team without additional training
- Common quality assurance techniques
- Basic knowledge of quality systems and standards
- Basic knowledge of maturity models
- Principles of requirement management
- Requirement handling in Scrum
- Principles of configuration and version management
- Applying CM in practical projects
- Evolution of software engineering
- Generic software life cycle models and their relation to management
- Software engineering frameworks: Agile software engineering
- Software measurement: Estimating software costs
- Software project planning: Analysis of project characters, challenges and risks
- Software quality management
- Process improvement
After completing the course, the student has required theoretical knowledge to
- select appropriate development process and development methodology to a given SW development endeavour and context.
- take different managerial responsibilities in software projects.
The material will be informed at the start of the course.
The course includes lectures, video and other material, weekly exercises, a project as a group work and an exam. All except the last is covered by assessment method “participation in teaching”. The exam is on campus in Tampere.
In addition to the normal teaching events, there will also be the possibility to join local sessions on the Pori and Seinäjoki campuses. It’s also possible to join the Seinäjoki group remotely. This opportunity is available for participants of both the Pori and Tampere version of the course. Participation in these sessions is voluntary and does not affect the final grade. Schedules for the meetings will be agreed later with the teacher. On the Seinäjoki campus, support is provided in Finnish and English. In Pori, support is available in Finnish. If you want to participate in the local sessions, send an email with a message “I want to participate in a local group in Seinäjoki/Pori” to olli.hotakainen(at)tuni.fi.
More information in the Tampere University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
ohjelmistokehitys projekti ohjelmistosuunnittelu ketterät menetelmät projektinhallinta project management
Lisätietoa kurssista ja suorittamisesta
Hakua koskevat kysymykset
Ohjelmistosuunnittelu ja -tuotanto,