Advanced project-based management
NB! You can find this course on the Degree students’ application form under the study programme Åbo Akademi FITech-Tku courses 3/2021 and under Åbo Akademi FITech-ES courses 3/2021 on the Adult learners’ application form. Choose the right course from the drop down menu.
Amount of students approved through FITech: 10
The course discusses the practical application of project management in different types of projects, especially complex ones, and in different organizations and industries. The course covers advanced project management approaches and methodologies in specific core areas, including organizing, scheduling and management of time on project and system life cycles, management of risk and uncertainty, management of stakeholders and multi-firm networks.
The course covers the following core areas organised in six modules:
- Module 1: Investment planning and project budgeting
- Module 2: Project scheduling and interdependencies
- Module 3: Project risk and uncertainty
- Module 4: Managing multi-firm projects
- Module 5: Managing external environment
- Module 6: Project management in different contexts and industries
Upon completion of the course the students are able to:
- Apply methods for life-cycle costing, capital budgeting, cash-flow analysis, financing and cost management in projects (Module 1).
- Apply analytical methods that improve our ability to handle interdependencies, uncertainty and dynamism in project scheduling (Module 2).
- Classify risks and analyse uncertainty in projects (Module 3).
- Propose processes and structures to successfully manage multi-firm projects (Module 4).
- Evaluate the relationship of projects and their external environment and stakeholders (Module 5).
- Evaluate, analyse and distinguish between approaches and processes to manage real-life projects and project teams (Module 6).
Participating in the Advanced project-based management (APM) course gives the student excellent capabilities in how projects are developed, planned and executed for long-term value creation, and how project business is managed at the firm-level and at the level of international business.
Company representatives are welcome and can participate for free.
Study and implementation methods:
The course consists of online seminars, online exercises, simulation and gaming as well as self-studies.
- Activity and presence at the seminars (5% of final grade)
- Written individual assignments before each module (mandatory; 40% of final grade)
- Written individual assignments after each module (5% of final grade)
- Written/oral assignments in groups (mandatory; 50% of final grade).
More info in Åbo Akademi’s course page.
Hakua koskevat kysymykset