Advanced web applications
The aim of the course is to introduce a student to web programming that is nowadays divided into back end and front end parts.
The course requires previous programming skills and is programming intensive. It gives a student knowledge on how to develop web applications in 2023.
At the end of the course the student will be able to
- create web-based software products
- understand the evolution of web software and how it led to current online environment
- design and implement complex software systems using web-based software and APIs
- understand and solve issues related to web environment, such as front and backend, storing data and authentication
- solve real world problems and design online web systems using requirements based on these problems
Materials are presented in Moodle. The course utilizes only free-to-use tools.
- Online lectures and exercises 62 h, independent reading 8 h, projects 92 h. Total 162 h. All tasks should be completed by July 31.
- Grade: 0-5. Project 50%, weekly assignments 40%, essay 10%.
More information in the LUT University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Hakua koskevat kysymykset