Digital art master class
The course is designed to give a wide perspective of terms and practices in digital art and visual culture regarding concepts of game aesthetics and visual narrative. It presents multidisciplinary and cross-media framework of the study engaged by various cases from game development practices.
- Historical aspect of digital art and game aesthetics – framing the debate.
- 2D concept art – why do we need concept art and pre-production phase?
- Visual narrative – pictures do talk.
- From concept to “object”, from object to “life” (2D and 3D development).
- How to know which art style(s) is the right one for your project/vision?
- Interactive side of an art creation – when things start to move on the screen.
- We all make mistakes – what to have in mind in order to avoid most common mistakes in visual design and representations.
By the end of the course the student is familiar with the basic theories of art production and is aware of the current practices in digital art production and what practices are present in game development processes.
Lectures and assignments (with schedule).
More information in the University of Turku study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Hakua koskevat kysymykset