Briefly: logic, set theory, functions, relations, induction and recursion, combinatorics, modular artihmetics, permutation groups and symmetric groups
In more detail:
- Set theory and logic: basic concepts and operations in set theory and logic, proof techniques and logical inference, induction and recursion
- Relations and functions, equivalence relation, bijection, cardinality
- Combinatorics: basic concepts, multiplication principle, inclusion-exclusion principle and pigeonhole principle
- Number theory: congruences, modular arithmetics
- Permutations and group theory: permutation as combination of transpositions, sign of a permutation, permutation groups and symmetry groups.
The course includes Electronic Exam on campus.
More information in the Tampere University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Hakua koskevat kysymykset