Emerging technology adoption and use
- The principles of information systems management
- Emerging technologies
- Technology adoption and use
- Group assignment to analyze the adoption and/or use of a particular emerging technology in a specific setting with a specific lens
- Practical knowledge on managing information systems
- Insights into emerging information systems, tools and services
- Practical knowledge on information systems adoption and use
- Insights to working on open-ended problems (groups select a topic they of their own choosing)
- Specific theories on information systems management
- Understanding the characteristics of a particular technology and their affordances
- Specific theories on information systems adoption and use
- Context-specific understanding of the use cases or processes that are changed because of technology adoption
After the course, the students
- understand the effects of emerging technology (e.g. information systems) on individuals, organisations and societies.
- can critically assess and identify characteristics of a particular technology (e.g. virtual reality), study its adoption and use in a particular setting (e.g. in manufacturing industry), with a particular lens (e.g. with a management theory to explain the influencing factors to its use).
- can critically assess how the emerging technology can facilitate change in behavior and processes.
- can apply their knowledge of emerging information systems phenomena to overcome a specific open-ended problem.
Attending 50 % of the lectures and successfully completing 1) three lecture diary reports (individual assignment) and 2) the course exercise (group assignment).
More information in Tampere University’s study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Lisätietoa opintojen suorittamisesta
Hakua koskevat kysymykset