Emerging technology adoption and use
- The principles of information systems management
- Emerging technologies
- Technology adoption and use
- Group assignment to analyse the adoption and/or use of a particular emerging technology in a specific setting with a specific lens
After the course, the students
- understand the effects of emerging technology (e.g. information systems) on individuals, organisations and societies.
- can critically assess and identify characteristics of a particular technology (e.g. virtual reality), study its adoption and use in a particular setting (e.g. in manufacturing industry), with a particular lens (e.g. with a management theory to explain the influencing factors to its use).
- can critically assess how the emerging technology can facilitate change in behavior and processes.
- can apply their knowledge of emerging information systems phenomena to overcome a specific open-ended problem.
Attending 50 % of the lectures, successfully completing 1) three lecture diary reports (individual assignment) and 2) the course exercise (group assignment).
More information in Tampere University’s study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications