Emerging technology adoption and use
- The principles of information systems management
- Emerging technologies
- Technology adoption and use
- Group assignment to analyze the adoption and/or use of a particular emerging technology in a specific setting with a specific lens
- Practical knowledge on managing information systems
- Insights into emerging information systems, tools and services
- Practical knowledge on information systems adoption and use
- Insights to working on open-ended problems (groups select a topic they of their own choosing)
- Specific theories on information systems management
- Understanding the characteristics of a particular technology and their affordances
- Specific theories on information systems adoption and use
- Context-specific understanding of the use cases or processes that are changed because of technology adoption
After the course, the students
- understand the effects of emerging technology (e.g. information systems) on individuals, organisations and societies.
- can critically assess and identify characteristics of a particular technology (e.g. virtual reality), study its adoption and use in a particular setting (e.g. in manufacturing industry), with a particular lens (e.g. with a management theory to explain the influencing factors to its use).
- can critically assess how the emerging technology can facilitate change in behavior and processes.
- can apply their knowledge of emerging information systems phenomena to overcome a specific open-ended problem.
Attending 50 % of the lectures on campus and successfully completing 1) three lecture diary reports (individual assignment) and 2) the course exercise (group assignment).
More information in Tampere University’s study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications