Introduction to cyber security testing
Max amount of FITech students: 10
Persons without a valid study right at a Finnish university or university of applied sciences have preference to this course.
The course considers case studies of basic problems of cyber security and the technical basis of vulnerabilities and how to test and recognise them.
Lectures and hands on exercises on various topics of cyber security and testing of systems against different vulnerabilities.
After successfully completing this course, the student
- is familiar with the basic concepts and the terminology of cyber security testing
- is able to use security testing tools
Lectures on Tuesdays 10:15-12:00, recordings in Moodle. Exercise submissions every week, starting from the end of the second week.
The course can be completed fully online. Lectures and verbal teaching mainly in Finnish. Material in English and help can be provided in English as well. If you can’t participate on physical exercise sessions, we will provide help on Slack channel.
- Weekly lectures and exercises (you can attend the labs on campus or online)
- Lectures 14 h (recordings available)
- Exercises will be arranged in contact teaching and online (28 h) and as independent work (85 h)
More information in the University of Oulu study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
tietoturva kyberturvallisuus testaus haavoittuvuudet
Lisätietoa kurssista ja suorittamisesta
Hakua koskevat kysymykset