Introduction to digital communication and 5G
The course presents the basics of digital communication combined with 5G networking operation, its enabling technologies and applications.
- Communication systems and their components
- Radio communication
- Frequency spectrum and bandwidth, especially on 5G frequency bands
- Key differences between 5G and previous generations
- 5G system architecture
- 5G functionalities eMBB, mMTC and URLLC
- 5G technology enabler (network slicing, Multi-access edge computing)
- How 5G is used in IoT and future visions.
The course aims to provide a conceptual understanding of digital communication systems as a whole and underlying technologies and concepts associated with 5G networks and applications.
Self-study exercises and e-exam.
Please check the exact dates from University of Turku study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
intro johdanto alkeet 5G verkko kommunikaatiojärjestelmä
Hakua koskevat kysymykset