Mobile application development
Max amount of FITech students: 40
The need and importance of mobile applications has increased a lot recent years and they have replaced web applications on many areas. This can also be seen in the job market.
Mobile applications are portable and can easily access and use device resources like location, camera, internal storage etc. Mobile applications currently serve many different needs and new generations are usually more used to use them instead of web applications. 5G will introduce new opportunities and applications for mobile devices at the while new cross-platform development tools reduce the time-to-market of applications.
On this course, you:
- Learn about mobile platforms as well as Android and iOS ecosystems
- Learn how to design and program a cross-platform mobile application with React Native
– How to fetch data from back-end service
– How to store data to mobile phone
– How to unit test and debug your app
– How to implement navigation
– How to design UI screens from components
– How to use native resources of mobile devices
- Learn basics of Android and iOS operating systems
- Learn about the future of mobile applications in 5G world: How 5G will affect mobile applications
- Get personal guidance and technical help from the teacher if you are stuck with code or a technology
For the course, you’ll need React Native.
A student who passes this course successfully
- is able to explain the mobile platform and knows most common device types.
- is able to follow the design procedure and steps from an idea to a mobile application.
- is able to implement simple applications on different mobile platforms, mainly Android and IOS.
- is able to use mobile device emulators in development and knows how to debug application in a device.
- is able to find technical documentation from the net to support development.
- knows about application life cycle and the view model of OS.
- is able to utilise cross-platform development technologies.
- knows how to distribute mobile applications to public.
- is able to setup development environment for mobile application development.
- knows how to implement network operations and operate with back-end applications.
- is able to use native resources of a device, like storage and camera.
The course does not have a fixed schedule because it is based on recorded video material. Some Zoom meetings are organised for teaching and guidance, but participating is not mandatory.
The course evaluation is based on exercises and project work submitted during the course period.
More information in University of Vaasa’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
mobiilisovellus ohjelmointi mobiilisovellusten ohjelmointi kehitys debuggaus puhelimen sovellus äppi mobiilisovellus react native node.js REST
Lisätietoa opintojen suorittamisesta
Hakua koskevat kysymykset
Ohjelmistosuunnittelu ja -tuotanto,