Mobile application development
Max amount of FITech students: 30
On this course, you’ll learn to implement mobile apps using cross-platform technologies. You will learn about mobile ecosystems, app distribution processes and design guidelines of mobile platforms.
Also the following topics are covered:
- How to use native resources of the mobile device
- How to access REST-services with mobile apps
- How to use different navigation systems of mobile apps
- How to debug, run and test apps with your phone.
Student who pass this course successfully:
- Is able to explain the mobile platform and knows most common device types.
- Is able to follow the design procedure and steps from an idea to a mobile application.
- Is able to implement simple applications on different mobile platforms, mainly Android and IOS.
- Is able to use mobile device emulators in development and knows how to debug application in a device.
- Is able to find technical documentation from the net to support development.
- Knows about application life cycle and the view model of OS.
- Is able to utilize cross-platform development technologies.
- Knows how to distribute mobile applications to public.
- Is able to setup development environment for mobile application development.
- Knows how to implement network operations and operate with backend applications.
- Is able to use native resources of a device, like storage and camera.
For the course you’ll need React native. You need also Android version >= 5 or iOS version >= 10 mobile phone. For iOS users Mac computer is recommended, but not absolute requirement. If your device is not older than 3 years, it is probably ok.
It is possible to complete the course online in your own schedule, using recorded lectures and other video material provided by the teacher. The course evaluation is based on exercise work and work reports submitted during the course period.
More information in University of Vaasa’s course page.
mobiilisovellus ohjelmointi mobiilisovellusten ohjelmointi kehitys debuggaus puhelimen sovellus
Lisätietoa opintojen suorittamisesta
Hakua koskevat kysymykset