Mobile application development
Max amount of FITech students: 50
Persons without a valid study right to a Finnish university have preference to this course.
On this course, you’ll learn to implement mobile apps using cross-platform technologies. You will learn about mobile ecosystems, app distribution processes and design guidelines of mobile platforms.
Also the following topics are covered:
- How to use native resources of the mobile device
- How to access REST-services with mobile apps
- How to use different navigation systems of mobile apps
- How to debug, run and test apps with your phone.
Student who pass this course successfully:
- Is able to explain the mobile platform and knows most common device types.
- Is able to follow the design procedure and steps from an idea to a mobile application.
- Is able to implement simple applications on different mobile platforms, mainly Android and IOS.
- Is able to use mobile device emulators in development and knows how to debug application in a device.
- Is able to find technical documentation from the net to support development.
- Knows about application life cycle and the view model of OS.
- Is able to utilize cross-platform development technologies.
- Knows how to distribute mobile applications to public.
- Is able to setup development environment for mobile application development.
- Knows how to implement network operations and operate with backend applications.
- Is able to use native resources of a device, like storage and camera.
For the course you’ll need React native. You need also Android version >= 5 or iOS version >= 10 mobile phone. For iOS users Mac computer is recommended, but not absolute requirement. If your device is not older than 3 years, it is probably ok.
It is possible to complete the course online, but it has a fixed schedule.
More information in University of Vaasa’s course page.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications