Networked AI systems
Max amount of FITech students: 15
Persons without a valid study right at a Finnish university or university of applied sciences have preference to this course.
Discover the crucial link between Networking and AI. Learn how to leverage AI for networking and how networking is key to enabling multiple AI systems.
- Introduction to Networked AI systems
- Neural networks and deep learning for networks
- Distributed AI in networks
- Network design and optimisation for AI
- AI-based network security
- Network and services orchestration for AI and using AI
- Future trends and directions for networked AI systems
After having passed the course you will be able to
- explain the concept of Networked AI systems, including the key components and the benefits and challenges of using AI in networks and networks in AI
- understand how to apply different machine learning algorithms to network-related problems, including network optimisation, network security, and network management
- evaluate the performance of AI-based networked solutions, including trade-offs between accuracy, efficiency, and other network-related factors such as latency
- understand network architecture design requirements for AI-based systems
- understand the challenges and opportunities of distributed AI in networks (e.g., Edge AI, federated learning, etc.)
- evaluate the security and privacy aspects of AI in networked systems, including threat models, and privacy-preserving techniques
- understand the challenges and opportunities of AI in networked systems and their impact on future network design and optimisation
- design, develop, and deploy a networked AI system as part of a collaborative course project, demonstrating the ability to integrate and coordinate multiple AI components
All study materials for the course will be available on the Moodle platform. The literature for the course is derived from multiple sources such as research articles and other online material (e.g., tutorials, white papers, video sources).
- Lectures on Mondays at 14–16 and Tuesdays at 10–12 on campus
- Exercises on Wednesdays at 10–12
- Lectures, written exercises, programming exercises and possibly other forms of teaching.
- Activity during the course, including possibly mandatory attendance, will be required to pass the course.
More information in the University of Helsinki study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
5G-teknologia, tietoturva, etiikka
Hakua koskevat kysymykset
Tekoäly ja koneoppiminen,