Protocol processing and security
Max amount of FITech students: 20
The course covers protocol engineering and design, protocol processing system design and implementation for a given application, interdomain routing in the Internet and protocol processing in routers, the DNS system and its vulnerabilities, threats to the security of the Internet routing system and how to mitigate them. In terms of protocols, the course focuses on IP, IPv6 and BGP protocols.
After the course the participants
- will have developed an understanding of characteristic protocol processing functionality needed in protocols designed for environments with intermediate stations between source and destination devices.
- will understand the critical importance of protocol processing system implementations in data transportation intensive networks.
- will have the protocol engineering understanding necessary in specifying protocols for given target applications.
- will be knowledgeable in the security threats faced by the Internet core routing system and the DNS system and have an understanding in mitigating these threats.
Case studies and project work focus on the internet core routing system.
Scientific publications and online resources. Exact details provided during the course.
Exercise(s) and either
- individual or group programming project and project report or
- independently written reports and final independently written course report.
More information in the University of Turku study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Network technology protocols protocol engineering internet routing cyber security tietoturva protokolla
Hakua koskevat kysymykset