Embedded system design
The course introduces hardware programming where VHDL is considered as a hardware description language. The practical skill related to the embedded system design is given as the programming is carried out on an equipment board.
- Circuit design of digital electronics with programmable logic circuits
- Principles of digital circuit design
- System level synthesis
- Hardware design languages
Upon completion of the course you will be able to
- program with VHDL hardware design language
- design and implement digital
Please notice that during the course, programming is carried out on equipment (board) that must be acquired by the student. The information about the required board is given during the course and the board can be bought from the university’s shop (https://lutshop.lut.fi). The required board is Digilent ZYBO Z7-10.
Weekly online lectures and exercise materials that are self-paced. The course evaluation is based on two assignments:
- Assignment 1 that is evaluated 25 % (return at the end of 3rd teaching period) and
- assignment 2 that is evaluated 75 % (return at the end of 4rd teaching period).
More information in the LUT University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications