Max amount of FITech students: 100
Persons without a valid study right at a Finnish university or university of applied sciences have preference to this course.
- security models and terminology
- access control
- software security
- network security
- threat analysis
- examples of advanced security technologies
- security policies and regulation
After taking the course,
- you are familiar with the key concepts and abstractions of information security and understand the purpose, function and weaknesses of several security technologies
- you are able to model threats and analyse the security of a system critically, from the viewpoint of an attacker
- you can identify common security flaws in software and apply principles of secure programming.
Assessment methods and criteria
Hands-on exercises, examination. Reading material will be recommended during the course.
Lectures 24 h, exercises 60 h, independent study 49 h.
- Lectures: online or recordings (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 14:15-16:00).
- No mandatory exercise sessions to attend.
- Course assistant reception hours for help and advice: Tue, Wed and Thu at 16:15-18:00 (Otaniemi, Espoo).
- Exam in Otaniemi on 28.10.2021 at 17-20.
More information on Aalto University’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
tietoturva yksityisyys verkkoturvallisuus tietoverkot autentikointi ohjelmistojen turvallisuus
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications