Introduction to web programming
The aim of the course is to introduce a student to programming of the browser environment.
The course requires previous programming skills and is programming intensive. It gives a student knowledge on how to program software to the browser environment.
At the end of the course the student will be able to
- create applications running in the browser
- understand the evolution of web software and how it led to current online environment
- design and implement software systems using APIs
- solve real world problems and design online web systems using requirements based on these problems
Materials are presented on the course platform (Moodle) and provided to student mainly via YouTube. The course utilises only free-to-use tools.
- Online lectures and exercises 14 h, independent reading 14 h, projects 38 h, Wikipedia task and exam 12 h (total 78 h).
- Grading: 0-5. Project 30 %, weekly assignments 30 %, Wikipedia tasks 10 % and exam 30 %.
More information in the LUT University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
web-sovellus, ohjelmointi, ohjelmistosuunnittelu
Further information about the course and studying
Contact person for applications