Laboratory course in wireless communication systems and networks
The course introduces the basics of system level simulation of wireless communication systems using ns3, with special focus on LTE (4G).
- Review of digital communications
- Simulation tools for evaluating the performance of digital communication links
- Introduction to software-defined radios
- Wireless cellular network architecture and basics of ns3 simulator
- Analysis of cellular networks using ns3
After the course, the student will be able to
- test digital communication links using simulation tools (e.g. gnu-radio, MATLAB, python),
- implement a digital communication link using software-defined radio, and
- build a system-level simulation of wireless networks using ns3.
Assignments and final work. No fixed schedule.
More information in the LUT University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Contact person for applications