Back to all coursesApplication starts on 1.6.2023
Laboratory course in wireless communication systems and networks
The course introduces the basics of system level simulation of wireless communication systems using ns3, with special focus on LTE (4G).
- Review of digital communications
- Simulation tools for evaluating the performance of digital communication links
- Introduction to software-defined radios
- Wireless cellular network architecture and basics of ns3 simulator
- Analysis of cellular networks using ns3
After the course, the student will be able to
- test digital communication links using simulation tools (e.g. gnu-radio, MATLAB, python),
- implement a digital communication link using software-defined radio, and
- build a system-level simulation of wireless networks using ns3.
Assignments and final work. No fixed schedule.
More information in the LUT University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
Contact person for applications
FITech Network University
Fanny Qvickström, Student services specialist
Application starts on 1.6.2023
Application start date:
Who can apply:
Basic courses of wireless communications. Familiarity with Linux is recommended.